At Monk’s Home Improvements, we’ve been painting and repairing homes in and around Green Village, NJ since 2007. We’ve grown to include additional home improvement services, but painting is the core of our business. We thoroughly prepare all surfaces and take care to protect your furnishings. We pride ourselves in delivering you a painting or carpentry job that you’ll enjoy for years to come. We guarantee it.
Monk’s Home Improvements of Green Village NJ
Angelo looks forward to discussing your interior painting, exterior painting or carpentry project with you. Call to schedule an appointment for a free, written, on-the-spot estimate with Angelo. He will tell you why we are the best painters in Green Village! Angelo also services the surrounding areas in Green Village including
- New Vernon
- Harding Township
Angelo Santoro has been designing and building his entire life. Angelo has worked in off-broadway theatre in NYC and eventually landed at The Parade Studio, where he built the floats for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. In 1980, he purchased his first home, a 3-story townhouse built in 1860, a fixer-upper in every sense of the word. The skills he learned renovating that house formed the foundation for his future career as a renovation contractor, cabinet-maker and a home builder.
Angelo resides in Green Village with his wife, Maureen.
On every interior painting or exterior painting project you will receive:
- A free, itemized estimate
- Proper wall and surface preparation (beyond just spackle)
- Specific protection for your furnishings, floors, and interiors
- Qualified, trained professional painters
- Painters who are there every day, for a full day until the job is complete
- Written guarantee of paint project satisfaction
- Complete clean up each day so you can live in your house during the project
- Benjamin-Moore, Sherwin-Williams products
- Fully licensed and insured
- Full service carpentry available for trim installations and exterior repairs
- Full service dustless floor sanding and refinishing available.
- The option to install new windows or doors before painting.
The Monk Family Recipe for the Longest Lasting Exterior Paint Job
- Remove all loose paint, even if you remove 95% of the paint from the siding.
- Clean all dirty areas of the house and rinse off any dust from the sanding.
- Prime all bare wood with a top quality primer from California Paints, Sherwin-Williams or Benjamin-Moore.
- On cedar houses with lots of bare cedar – apply a 2nd coat of oil based primer to prevent the cedar from staining.
- Remove any rotten wood and replace with Azek trim.
- Caulk all seams and corners with high quality latex caulk.
- Use premium ingredients like Duration Paint from Sherwin-Williams or Aura Paint from Benjamin-Moore.
- ALWAYS give a house two top coats of paint. One coat just won’t cut it.
Call 973-635-7900 today to schedule an appointment with Angelo to discuss your painting needs.
Please take a look at our Google + page for Green Village. You will see reviews from customers in your area on services Monk’s has provided. If you are a previous customer and would like to let us know about your experience with us please write a review.