Monk’s Home Improvements has been painting and remodeling homes around Morristown since 2007. We are excited to now be able to service Montclair and the surrounding towns in Essex County.
Since we are new to your town, we suggest you read our reviews on Google, Angie’s List or HomeAdvisor. Repeat customers are the core of our business and we guarantee your satisfaction. We promise to deliver you a painting, carpentry or remodeling job that you’ll enjoy for years to come.
Monk’s – Your Montclair Area Painter
Jon Clauson manages all of the projects for Monk’s Home Improvements for Montclair, NJ and the Caldwells, NJ.
Jon looks forward to discussing your interior painting, exterior painting or carpentry project with you. Call 973-635-7900 to schedule an appointment for a free, written, on-the-spot estimate with Jon Clauson. Jon will tell you why we are the best painters in Montclair!
Jon also services the surrounding towns including Essex Fells, Roseland, Verona, Glen Ridge, Caldwell, West Caldwell, and North Caldwell.
We handle all types of painting projects. Besides walls and trim, interior painting may include kitchen cabinets, railings and more. Monk’s paint exteriors including trim, cedar shingles, fences, decks, sheds and more!
This Is Why Monk’s Painting Is The Best In The Business
- We determine what kind of paint preparation your specific job needs (beyond just spackle)
- Specific protection for your furnishings, floors, and interiors
- Monk’s has only qualified, trained professional painters
- We have our painters on your job every day until it’s completed
- Monk’s provides a written satisfaction guarantee
- Our team cleans up after the end of each work day
- We only use premium paints like Benjamin-Moore or Sherwin-Williams products
- Monk’s is fully licensed and insured
Montclair Exterior Painting Services
- We are EPA-Lead Safe Certified
- Our painting crews remove all loose paint by sanding or scraping, even if that is 95% of the paint from the siding.
- We pressure-wash the house and rinse off any dust from the sanding.
- All bare wood is primed with a top quality primer
- Monk’s painters use premium paint like Duration Paint from Sherwin-Williams or Aura Exterior Paint from Benjamin-Moore.
- On cedar houses with lots of bare cedar – we apply a second coat of oil based primer to prevent the cedar from staining.
- Typically a house requires two top coats of paint. This will make your paint job last for years to come.
Why Choose Monks On Your Carpentry Job?
- We have separate carpentry crews who only do woodworking
- On your exterior, we remove any rotten wood and replace with Azek composite trim.
- Beyond repairs, we can build new porticos, decks, and pergolas.
- Monk’s also installs new windows and doors. We measure, order & install. You can shop our showroom for your products.
- For your interior, we can create beautiful custom built-ins including shelving, media centers, and mudroom cubbies
Flooring and More
In addition, Monk’s also has floor crews who specialize in hardwood floor refinishing and floor installation.
Because Jon manages all of his crews, he schedules his painters, carpenters, and flooring specialists. This is to minimize the disruption to you and to complete your entire job as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Call 973-635-7900 today to schedule an appointment with Jon to discuss your painting, carpentry, flooring or remodeling needs.