Exterior House Painting in New Jersey
Painting the exterior of your home increases its value, offers protection to your home’s surface, and provides instant charm and curb appeal. At Monk’s Home Improvements, we know you take great pride in your home. And so will we. This article will help you get the most from your exterior painting project.
Choosing a Painting Contractor in New Jersey
Choosing the right painting contractor for your exterior house project is the most important step in the process. Monk’s takes the extra steps necessary to ensure all painting surfaces are prepped, primed, and ready to accept the paint so you get a top quality finish that will look beautiful for years to come, guaranteed.
Monk’s is famous for our long-lasting, high-quality exterior paint jobs. Exterior house painting is completely different from interior painting because of the sun, rain, and snow your exterior is subjected to. Our formula is simple, and we don’t take any shortcuts. The project may take a little longer but will yield much better and longer lasting results. Here’s how we do it.
The Monk Family Recipe for Long Lasting Exterior Paint Jobs
- Start with a free, comprehensive written estimate detailing the work and price by calling 973-635-7900.
- Remove all loose paint, even if that means removing 95% of the paint from the siding.
- Clean the exterior of the house and rinse off any dust from the sanding.
- Prime all bare wood with a top quality primer from Sherwin-Williams.
- On cedar houses with lots of bare cedar, we apply a second coat of oil-based primer to prevent the cedar from staining.
- Inspect for any rotten trim and remove and replace with composite where needed. This is an important preventative step. Learn about how our carpenters have improved homes through exterior trim repair.
- Caulk all seams and corners with high-quality latex caulk.
- Use premium materials such as Duration Paint from Sherwin-Williams or Aura Paint from Benjamin Moore.
- Give the house two top coats of paint. One coat just won’t cut it against the elements in New Jersey.
Monk’s Also Specializes in Cedar Siding
Does your home have cedar siding? Then it requires a special process to get the job done right. See an example of a sanding and exterior painting project for cedar siding done the right way. Plus, learn more about the cedar siding sanding process and timeline.
When you work with Monk’s, you work with the friendliest painters in New Jersey. You might even miss us when we’re gone!
Contact us today at 973-635-7900 to receive a free estimate for your exterior painting project.
Monk’s Home Improvements is fully licensed and insured.