At Monk’s Painting, we’ve been painting homes in and around Watchung NJ since 2007. When painting your home, we thoroughly prepare all surfaces and take care to protect your furnishings. We pride ourselves in delivering you a painting job that you’ll enjoy for years to come.
Monk’s Painters in Watchung NJ
We handle all types of painting projects. Besides walls and trim, interior painting may include kitchen cabinets, railings, and more. Monk’s paint exteriors including trim, cedar shingles, fences, decks, sheds, and more!
On every interior painting or exterior painting project you will receive:
- A free, itemized estimate
- Proper wall and surface preparation (beyond just spackle)
- Specific protection for your furnishings, floors, and interiors
- Qualified, trained professional painters
- Painters who are there every day, for a full day until the job is complete
- Written guarantee of paint project satisfaction
- Complete clean up each day so you can live in your house during the project
- Benjamin-Moore, Sherwin-Williams or California Paints products
- Fully licensed and insured
- Full service carpentry available for trim installations and exterior repairs
- Full service dustless floor sanding and refinishing available.
- The option to install new windows or doors before painting.
The Monk Family Recipe for the Longest Lasting Exterior Paint Job
- Remove all loose paint, even if you remove 95% of the paint from the siding.
- Clean all dirty areas of the house and rinse off any dust from the sanding.
- Prime all bare wood with a top-quality primer from California Paints, Sherwin-Williams or Benjamin-Moore.
- On cedar houses with lots of bare cedar – apply a 2nd coat of oil based primer to prevent the cedar from staining.
- Remove any rotten wood and replace it with Azek trim.
- Caulk all seams and corners with high-quality latex caulk.
- Use premium ingredients like Duration Paint from Sherwin-Williams or Aura Paint from Benjamin-Moore.
- ALWAYS give a house two topcoats of paint. One coat just won’t cut it.
Ready to get Started?
Contact us for your free, no obligation consultation and estimate.
Call the office at 973-635-7900 OR