We are very excited to have been able to expand our service area to include Bridgewater NJ in 2015. You may have seen our vans and trucks around, but you may not know much about Monk’s Home Improvements. We’ve been painting homes in southern Morris county since 2007. We’ve grown our services to include carpentry, flooring, and kitchen and bathroom remodeling. For our family-owned company, painting remains a major part of our business.
Monk’s Painters and Carpenters in Bridgewater NJ
When painting your home, we thoroughly prepare all surfaces and take care to protect your furnishings. We pride ourselves in delivering you a painting job that you’ll enjoy for years to come. We guarantee it.
Dave Cleaves manages all of the Monk’s painting and carpentry projects in Bridgewater NJ.
Dave has spent his entire career performing and managing various aspects of carpentry and construction. He will make sure you are fully satisfied with your home improvement project.
Dave looks forward to discussing your painting or carpentry project with you. Call to schedule an appointment for a free, written, on-the-spot estimate with Dave. He’ll will tell you why we are the best painters in Bridgewater NJ!
We handle all types of painting projects. Besides walls, ceilings, and trim, interior painting may include kitchen cabinets, railings, brick surfaces and shelving. Monk’s exterior painting may including trim, cedar shingles, fences, decks, barns, sheds and more!
On every interior painting or exterior painting project you will receive:
- A free, itemized estimate
- Proper wall and surface preparation (beyond just spackle)
- Specific protection for your furnishings, floors, and interiors
- Qualified, trained professional painters
- Painters who are there every day, for a full day until the job is complete
- Written guarantee of paint project satisfaction
- Clean up every day so you can live in your house during the project
- Benjamin-Moore or Sherwin-Williams products
- Fully licensed and insured company and crew
- Full service carpentry available for trim installations and exterior repairs
The Monk Family Recipe for a Lasting Exterior Paint Job
- Remove all loose paint, even if you remove 95% of the paint from the siding.
- Clean all dirty areas of the house and rinse off any dust from the sanding.
- Prime all bare wood with a top-quality primer from Sherwin-Williams or Benjamin-Moore.
- On cedar houses with lots of bare cedar – apply a 2nd coat of oil-based primer to prevent the cedar from staining.
- Remove any rotten wood and replace with Azek trim.
- Caulk all seams and corners with high-quality latex caulk.
- Use premium ingredients like Duration Paint from Sherwin-Williams or Aura Paint from Benjamin-Moore.
- Give a house two topcoats of paint. One coat just won’t cut it.
Call 973-635-7900 today to schedule an appointment with Dave to discuss your painting or carpentry needs.