Please read the following Scholarship Terms and Conditions for the Monk’s Service Scholarship
To be notified when the applications are again being accepted, please submit your contact info here.
For future scholarships, the requirements can be found below.
- The application must be submitted online. No paper applications or emailed applications will be accepted.
- The application must be received by March 31st of the year in which the scholarship is being offered.
- Required fields must be completed, including an essay question to understand the Applicant’s involvement in community service. Essays will be limited in length to 5000 characters and should be submitted online in accordance with the application for the Award.
- The applicant must be available for an in-person awards ceremony. The ceremony will be held near the Monk’s headquarters in Morristown, NJ.
- The Program is open to New Jersey residents with a permanent residence in the following towns:
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must be entering or continuing as a full-time undergraduate for the following academic year at an accredited college or university.
- Monk’s welcomes all eligible applications and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
- Applicants and winners of previous years’ Scholarship are encouraged to apply for future scholarship awards.
- Monk’s Franchising, LLC and Monk’s Kitchen and Bath Design Studio, LLC employees, affiliates, and employee’s immediate family members are disqualified from applying.
The scholarship award (individually, a “Scholarship” or an “Award”, together, the “Awards”) is a one-time award to be used towards college tuition. Five (5) Awards will be granted by Monk’s Franchising, LLC (“Monk’s”) in accordance with the selection criteria described below. Scholarship recipients (“Recipients”) will be notified by email or phone on or before April 30 of the year in which the scholarship is being awarded. Any scholarship monies not awarded will be rolled over and added to the following year’s scholarship fund. Applications submitted become the property of Monk’s. Submission of an application constitutes the applicant’s full and unconditional agreement to these terms and conditions and to Monk’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Scholarship. Receipt of a Scholarship is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Monk’s reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Applicants and /or Recipients. Payment of the Awards will be made directly to the Recipients during the Award Ceremony. Any tax implications for the Scholarship will depend on the tax laws of New Jersey and may also depend on the policies and procedures at the college or university where the recipient has matriculated. Recipients are fully responsible for any taxes due from the Award. Recipients of the Scholarship may receive other sources of school funding for the same academic period without being disqualified from eligibility. Scholarship recipients will be required to accept their Award in person at a location to be determined, but near Monk’s headquarters at 1095 Mount Kemble Ave. in Morristown, NJ.
This Scholarship is governed by the laws of the United States. Void where prohibited by law. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, APPLICANTS GRANT TO MONK’S THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLDWIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, RECIPIENT’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROGRAMAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
Review and Selection Process
Blind applications will be reviewed by a panel comprised of judges representing the Monk’s Home Improvements Service Scholarship. Applicants will be evaluated and selected based on the following criteria:
- Community activities with special emphasis placed on leadership and/or entrepreneurial endeavors
- Quality of answer to the written essay question
Any questions about the application process or scholarship can be sent to: [email protected]
Monk’s also provides donations of labor to local organizations. See more on Monk’s activity in the community.