Painting the exterior of your home will increase your home’s value, offer protection to your home’s surface, and provide instant charm and curb appeal. At Monk’s Home Improvements we know you take great pride in your home. We also know that choosing to paint your exterior comes with lots of important decisions.
Choosing the right painting contractor for your exterior house painting project is the most important step in the process. We take the extra steps to ensure that all surfaces are prepped, primed and ready to accept the paint and products that will deliver a top quality paint project that will still look beautiful for years to come.
While we are famous for our long lasting exterior paint jobs, not everyone understands why our exterior paint jobs last so long. Exterior house painting is completely different from interior painting because of the sun, rain and snow. Our formula is simple, and the only mystery in our minds is why everyone doesn’t paint exteriors with the same system we do.
Monk Family Recipe for Long Lasting Exterior Paint Jobs
- Start with a free, comprehensive written estimate detailing the work and price.
- Remove all loose paint, even if you have to remove 95% of the paint from the siding.
- Clean all dirty areas of the house and rinse off any dust from the sanding.
- Prime all bare wood with a top quality primer from Sherwin-Williams or Benjamin-Moore.
- On cedar houses with lots of bare cedar – apply a 2nd coat of oil based primer to prevent the cedar from staining.
- Inspect for any rotten trim; remove and replace with Azek composite. See how our carpenters have improved the health of homes through exterior trim repair.
- Caulk all seams and corners with high quality latex caulk.
- Use premium ingredients like Duration Paint from Sherwin-Williams or Aura Paint from Benjamin-Moore.
- Give a house two top coats of paint. One coat just won’t cut it.
Does your home have cedar siding? See an example of sanding and exterior painting project for cedar siding. For the cedar siding sanding process and timeline, read our page Exterior Painting – Sanding Cedar Shingles.
Any great meal is always more enjoyable when eaten with good company. When you work with Monk’s, you will be working with the friendliest painters in NJ. You might even miss us when we are gone!
Contact us today at 973-635-7900 to receive a Free Estimate for your exterior painting project in New Jersey.
Monk’s Home Improvements is fully licensed and insured.
1095 Mount Kemble Ave Morristown, NJ, 07960 USA
email@example.com • 973-635-7900